Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DO YOU NOT BELIEVE A MAN CAN FLY?!?

Ohhhh, Russell Crowe. First of all, totally forgot he was supposed to play Superman's father, Jor-El, in the upcoming Man of Steel.

Secondly, here are the first pictures of his costume! I actually really dig the whole "armor" look to it, and the textures and colors look pretty awesome while tying it into Superman's costume:





If there's one thing I don't like about it, it's the little slits in his sleeves, revealing an inner blue body-stocking. I mean, why? What's the point o'those? Also, it bugs me that as Jor-El, he's got the beard and scruff and unruly hair. He looks like he's playing Russel Crowe Being Caught By Paparazzi, not a wise and noble scientist FROM SPACE.

See how I tied that in to the whole "Space" theme?

It could be interesting to see him play Jor-El as a very gifted but eccentric scientist, a la his turn in A Beautiful Mind. But I really just want to see him get up in front of the Kryptonian Elders, present his case, then flap his cape and yell, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment