Sunday, August 21, 2011

"So a good deed shines in a weary world..."

Just kidding. I'm gonna try to refrain as much as possible from being a snooty film major in this blog, but Christ this tweet from Clive Barker makes me feel good:

        "Hello, my friends. I want to put on record that the flic [sic] out there using the word Hellraiser is no 
         fuckin' child of mine...I have nothing to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive
         Barker,it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole."

Barker is speaking, of course, about the new Hellraiser movie coming out. And regardless of the actual quality of the movie, it makes me feel damn good to see a creator speak out against the current pandemic of Sequelitis. Horror movies are especially prone to this for some reason; the Halloween franchise absolutely careening out of John Carpenter's hands comes to mind.

Of course, Cliver Barker has signed his name on other rather questionable Hellraiser continuations...maybe that fact that this one is apparently being made just to hold on to the rights to the franchise (presumably to keep milking it long after it pleads to be put out of its cow-misery) has something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment